Back-end Engineer (Python)
At Doist, we strive to build not only amazing products but amazing groups of people. Our multidisciplinary teams are passionate about creating products like Twist and Todoist that improve people’s lives. They thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and seek to change how productivity tools are made.
Doist is a global, remote-first company and we believe that our way of working– independent of borders and time zones– is the future. As part of our web team, you’ll play a key role in helping us inspire the workplace of the future.
We’re searching for an engineer who will join our back-end team. The ideal candidate is a solid Python developer with a deep understanding of Internet technologies, experience in designing APIs, a strong engineering intuition, and good communication skills. In this role you’ll help us improve Twist by adding useful, innovative features and you’ll work to make the service faster, more stable, and more convenient. It’s a challenging task since Twist is constantly evolving and challenging the status quo of communication within teams.
You’ll collaborate closely between Twist’s development teams, partner companies, and independent developers to turn Twist into a true communication hub.
As a back-end Python engineer you'll:
- Contribute code to multiple projects and initiatives that make our back-end better.
- Propose, design, develop, and deploy new features.
- Assume a role in planning the evolution of the Twist API, adding new features and optimizing the code.
- Be a responsible team member: do code reviews, mentor others, refactor code, share knowledge.
We're looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of professional experience developing for the web.
- Expert level knowledge of Python.
- A background in designing and refactoring large-scale systems.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated, or previous experience working in remote teams.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will continue to grow for decades to come. That means we value work-life balance and invest in our employees’ long-term growth.
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays
- Education stipends
- Flexible schedule and location
- Home office perks
- And much more
This is a remote position, so you’re free to work from wherever you please on whatever schedule works best for you. You’ll also have the option to work from our office in Porto, Portugal or Barcelona, Spain, or rent a coworking space in the city where you live. We invite you to learn more about how we work on Doist’s Ambition & Balance blog.---
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!