Back-end Engineer (Python)
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
We’re searching for an engineer who will join our back-end team. The ideal candidate is a solid Python developer with a deep understanding of Internet technologies, experience in designing APIs, a strong engineering intuition, and good communication skills. In this role you’ll help us improve Todoist by adding useful, innovative features and you’ll work to make the service faster, more stable, and more convenient. It’s a challenging task since Todoist is constantly evolving and challenging the status quo of individual and team productivity.
You’ll collaborate closely between Todoist’s development teams, partner companies, and independent developers to turn Todoist into a true productivity hub.
As a back-end Python engineer you'll:
- Contribute code to multiple projects and initiatives that make our back-end better.
- Propose, design, develop, and deploy new features.
- Assume a role in planning the evolution of the Todoist API, adding new features and optimizing the code.
- Be a responsible team member: do code reviews, mentor others, refactor code, share knowledge.
We're looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of professional experience developing for the web.
- Expert level knowledge of Python.
- A background in designing and refactoring large-scale systems.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated, or previous experience working in remote teams.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation. 40 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.).
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!