At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As a Windows Engineer, you'll to help us grow on Microsoft's platforms, primarily Windows 10 and Office 365. Specifically, you'll work on making our Todoist app, a best-in-class on Windows 10. We want to make sure our app is rock solid from a technical perspective and don't shy away from investing into refactoring.
The Windows team has a tight collaboration that moves collectively using short and intense sprints. That means you'll be focused on outputs while providing and receiving valuable feedback to help you and your team grow. You'll also have the opportunity to work in cross-functional teams (such as the design team and other platform teams) to implement major new features together from end to end and shape and deliver functionality that spans multiple platforms.
In this role, passion for what you do is the best trait you can have because you'll have the ability to make an impact with a global product. The most successful Doisters take initiative, learn quickly, and are comfortable with working both autonomously and collaboratively.
Who you'll be working most closely with:
- Christoph K.; Windows Developer from Vienna, Austria. A relatively new dad, Christoph can change a diaper in under 30 seconds!
- Jan K.; Head of Windows from the Czech Republic.
- Scott L.; Windows Developer from Poole, England. Scott has been a Microsoft MVP since 2007
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for c# and a solid understanding of how modern .NET apps are built, including dependency injection.
- Stable footing in XAML. We will help you fill in the gaps.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Bonus: Experience with Office 365 APIs and/or Angular
- Bonus: A UWP / Windows Phone 8 / Windows 8 app in the Store
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 5 weeks of paid time off + national holidays where you live.
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at [email protected]